'Breaking Dawn Part 2' makes only $30.4 mn on opening night
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The latest and the final movie in the Twilight franchise, 'Breaking Dawn Part 2', was a mild success at the box office on its opening night as it raked in $30.4 million.
The movie opened in the theatres on Thursday night and though the midnight grosses for the vampire series were low domestically it is over performing overseas, where it has already earned $38.8 million from 37 territories it opened.
The box office observers have predicted that 'Breaking Dawn 2' could open between $145 million and $150 million, a franchise best, over the weekend, a media report said.
'Breaking Dawn Part 1' debuted to $138.1 million on the same weekend a year ago and in November 2009, 'New Moon' opened to $142.8 million.
Directed by Bill Condon, 'Breaking Dawn 2' returns Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner in the lead roles.
At No 2 on the list is Daniel Craig starrer 'Skyfall' which is expected to gross in the $40 million range in its second weekend.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held