Briefly Business: CCI to meet CEOs of top 100 firms on January 24
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
CCI to meet CEOs of top 100 firms on January 24
New Delhi: The Competition Commission will meet CEOs of India's 100 most valued companies on January 24, as part of efforts to sensitise big corporates about fair trade practices and competition compliance norms.
FM to go on tour to improve fund flows
NEW Delhi: In a bid to improve foreign fund flows to the country, Finance Minister P Chidambaram is likely to visit some Asian and European nations later this month to meet global investors and strengthen their confidence in the Indian economy. Chidambaram is likely to start his tour with a visit to Hong Kong on January 22, according to sources.
Tata Motors in R1 tn club as shares surge
Mumbai: Tata Motors market cap crossed the Rs 1 trillion mark during trade on Thursday, joining what is now a 14-member club that also includes Reliance Industries, ONGC and Tata Consultancy Services. Tata Motors shares have hit a record high this year after surging 4.7 per cent as of Wednesday's close, adding to its 75 per cent gain in 2012.
HSBC lowers India's FY'13 growth forecast
New Delhi: HSBC has cut India's growth forecast for this fiscal to 5.2 per cent from 5.7 per cent, citing insufficient progress on structural reforms and slow implementation of infrastructure investment projects.
Nokia unveils 3 new Lumia models
New Delhi: Nokia has launched three new devices in its Lumia range and is betting big on 'experiential' marketing. Nokia, which had five devices in the Lumia series previously, added Windows 8-powered Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and Lumia 620 to its portfolio.
Citi lowers Indian stocks rating
Mumbai: Brokerage firm Citi on Thursday lowered its rating on Indian stocks to "underweight" from "neutral" citing growth concerns and said the Indian markets could move up only by 7 per cent in 2013.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held