Briefly Business: Coal Ministry returns three blocks to NTPC
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Coal Ministry returns three blocks to NTPC
New delhi: Three forfeited coal blocks of NTPC have been given back to the country's largest power producer after getting approval from the Law Ministry, a development that will boost the company's valuation prior to its share sale.
LIC sells Dr Reddy's shares for R875 crore
New Delhi: Drug firm Dr Reddy's Laboratories on Tuesday said state-run Life Insurance Corporation has cut its stake in the company to 6.31 per cent by selling shares worth Rs 875.29 crore in the open market.
SBI expecting profit of R14,000-15,000 crore
Bhubaneswar: State Bank of India expects a net profit of up to Rs 15,000 crore in this fiscal, against Rs 11,700 crore in the last financial year, chairman Pratip Chaudhuri said adding that the bank expected to retain Rs 7,400 crore profit during the last quarter.
Tops Security booked for service tax evasion
New Delhi: The revenue department on Tuesday said it has booked a case against Mumbai-based firm 'Tops Security Ltd' for alleged evasion of service tax, which including the interest, is estimated at Rs 90 crore.
Suzuki chairman to attend board meeting
NEW DELHI: Osamu Suzuki, the chairman of Maruti Suzuki's Japanese parent, Suzuki Motor Corporation, is expected to attend the carmaker's board meeting in Delhi on Friday where the third quarter financial results would be taken up.
Father of Prius set to be Toyota chairman
TOKYO: Takeshi Uchiyamada, who led the development of Toyota Motor's Prius hybrid car, is set to become the firm's chairman, said two executives.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet