Briefly Business: DK Mittal gets additional charge of disinvestment
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
DK Mittal gets additional charge of disinvestment
new delhi: Financial services secretary DK Mittal was on Monday given additional charge of the department of disinvestment in the finance ministry for a period of two months. Mittal, a 1977 batch IAS officer of the UP cadre, succeeds Mohammad Haleem Khan who held full time charge of the DoD and retired on November 30.
'Fiscal deficit may touch 5.5% this year'
Mumbai: Reserve Bank Deputy Governor Subir Gokarn Monday said the fiscal deficit is likely to be around 5.5 per cent of the GDP this financial year, which is creating stress on the inflation front.
Golden Card facility for industrialists in UP
Lucknow: To ease access and reach of industrialists and industrial associations to government offices, the Uttar Pradesh government has issued an order to provide them with a facility of a 'Golden Card'. This facility will be available to state presidents and general secretaries of national level industrial associations. Investors, who propose to invest more Rs 200 crore in UP, will also be issued the cards.
Network18 to exit NewsWire18
new delhi: Network18 has said it will sell its entire stake in financial data and news terminal business NewsWire18 to private equity firm Samara Capital for Rs 90 crore.
REC launches R4,500 cr public issue of bonds
new delhi: Rural Electrification Corporation has launched the public issue of tax free bonds to raise Rs 4,500 crore.
FDI inflows jump to $4.67 bn in September
new delhi: India's foreign direct investment inflows more than doubled to $4.67 billion in September, according to an official of the DIPP.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow