Briefly Business: Petrol price to go up by 30 paise/ltr; Diesel by 18 paise
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Petrol price to go up by 30 paise/ltr; Diesel by 18 paise
New Delhi: From Friday midnight petrol price is set to increase by 30 paise per litre and diesel by 18 paise a litre following the petroleum ministry's decision to hike the commission paid to petrol pump dealers. The ministry on Thursday approved an increase in the dealer commission on petrol from Rs 1,490 to Rs 1,790 per kilolitre. On diesel, the hike is from Rs 912 to Rs 1,089 per kilolitre.
Gas production declines 15% in Sept
NEW DELHi: The country's natural gas production dropped nearly 15 per cent in September as Reliance Industries KG-D6 field continue to decline. Gas production at 3.36 billion cubic meters in September was 14.8 per cent lower than 3.95 BCM a year ago, according to latest data released by the petroleum ministry said.
GM India launches new Spark
NEW DELHi: General Motors India has launched an new version of its entry-level small car Chevrolet Spark, starting at Rs 3.26 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The vehicle is available in both petrol and LPG options and is costlier by up to Rs 10,000 from the existing comparable versions of the model.
Ford India appoints new India chief
New Delhi: Ford India has announced that Joginder Singh will take over as the president and managing director of the company from December 1. He will replace Australia-born Michael Boneham, who will retire on December 31.
Oil exploration: 'Need more transparency'
New Delhi: India needs a simpler, more transparent and less intrusive regime for expediting oil & gas exploration, oil minister S Jaipal Reddy has said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held