Briefly Business: Public sector bank unions to go on strike today
Public sector bank unions to go on strike today
New Delhi: Four bank employee unions will go on one-day strike on Thursday to protest the Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill and merger plans of banks. The unions decided to go ahead with the strike after the conciliatory meeting with Indian Banks' Association before the chief labour commissioner failed.
Sebi hikes minimum capital for brokers
Mumbai: The Sebi has increased the base minimum capital required to be maintained by a stock broker to up to Rs 50 lakh, from a maximum of Rs 10 lakh earlier, to safeguard against any risks posed by them to the overall market.
Power Grid to invest R252 cr in two projects
New Delhi: Power Grid has said its board has approved investments worth Rs 252.31 crore for two transmission projects.
GM to buy stake from US Treasury
New York: GM said it will buy back 200 million of its shares from the US Treasury and the government plans to sell its stake within 15 months.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow