Briefly Business: RBI says it will step in if growth moderates further
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
RBI says it will step in if growth moderates further
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank on Wednesday said it will step in if economic expansion falls below 5.5 per cent. "We will certainly respond if growth moderates," RBI Governor D Subbarao said to a query whether RBI will intervene if growth falls below 5.5 per cent.
Cairn India declares maiden dividend
New delhi: Cairn India, majority owned by Vedanta Group, on Wednesday declared its maiden dividend of Rs 5 per share.
IDBI slashes home loan, deposit rates
Mumbai: IDBI Bank slashed interest on home loans by 0.25 per cent and deposit rates in select brackets by up to 0.50 per cent.
Retail inflation eases marginally to 9.14%
New delhi: Retail inflation for industrial workers in September declined marginally to 9.14 per cent from 10.31 per cent in previous month.
Biocon Q2 profit up 5% to R90 crore
New Delhi: Biotechnology major Biocon on Wednesday posted 4.6 per cent jump in its consolidated net profit to Rs 89.65 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, on the back of growth branded formulations business. The company had a net profit of Rs 85.70 crore in the same period of previous fiscal, Biocon said in a statement. The net sales of the company rose to Rs 592.40 crore for the second quarter from Rs 505.39 crore in the same period of 2011-12 fiscal. During the period under review, the company said its branded formulations business recorded a robust growth of 45 per cent. The Bangalore-headquartered firm said GE Equity International Mauritius, a subsidiary of GE Capital, will make a private equity investment in research services arm of Biocon — Syngene International — of Rs 125 crore for a 7.69 per cent equity share.
TVS Motor posts 41% dip in Q2 PAT at R45 cr
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held