- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
BCCI panel to meet on Dec 15
New Delhi: The BCCI's disciplinary committee probing charges of alleged financial irregularities against suspended IPL commissioner Lalit Modi is likely to meet on December 15 to examine more witnesses. Official sources said the meeting, which was put on hold after being challenged in the Supreme Court that it did not have jurisdiction, will resume hearing after the go-ahead given by the BCCI this month.
SL-Windies Test ends in draw
Kandy: The third and final Test between Sri Lanka and West Indies ended in a draw with no play possible on the final day on Sunday because of rain. The three-match series was drawn 0-0 after the first Test at Galle and second at Colombo both ended in stalemate.
Brief scores: West Indies 303/8 (Devon Smith 55, Darren Bravo 68, S hivnarine Chanderpaul 54, Brendon Nash 67, Rangana Herath 4/54) v Sri Lanka.
Murali rested, Herath in
Colombo: Muttiah Muralitharan has been rested from the Sri Lankan side for the first two one-dayers of the upcoming five-match series against the West Indies. Rangana Herath, who impressed in the Test series, has been drafted in for the games at the new stadium in Hambantota. Dinesh Chandimal and Dammika Prasad, part of the squad for the successful one-day series in Australia, have also been left out with Thilan Samaraweera taking the batting spot vacated by Chandimal and Ajantha Mendis included as an extra spinner.
Oram mulls retirement
Auckland: New Zealand allrounder Jacob Oram has said that the hope of participating in the 2011 World Cup is motivating him to continue his injury-ridden career but failure to make the squad for the tournament could prompt him to retire. "I remember talking to Shane Bond prior to his retirement, when he had that abdominal strain, and he told me that, for him, that was one injury too many," Oram told the Sunday Star Times. "I think I'm at that point and in that mindset right now."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations