Briefly Nation: 1 dead, 7 injured as portion of building collapses
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
1 dead, 7 injured as portion of building collapses
MADURAI: One person died and seven others suffered minor injuries when a portion of a private building here collapsed on Sunday morning, the police said. Fire service personnel said that operations are on to extricate two others who are still trapped under the debris. Officials suspect non-maintenance of the building over a long period of time has probably led to the collapse and said a notice has been issued to demolish it.
Top Maoist leader held in Bihar
GAYA: The Special Task Force (STF) has arrested the Maoists' central zone committee member, Shashi Shekhar Singh, in Gaya district, the police said. The STF raided Nagaryawan village on Saturday and nabbed Singh along with Vinay Das, who had provided shelter to the former in his house. The police said, Singh was carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head.
NSA invoked against BSP leader for rioting
BAREILLY: The district administration has invoked National Security Act against BSP leader Acchan Ansari lodged in jail for his alleged involvement in the August riots here. Ansari was arrested on Friday and was to be granted bail by the court but the NSA was invoked on him before that. District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said an action plan had been prepared to avoid riots in the district in future.
Woman stabbed for resisting rape
BARWANI: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly murdered by a man at her house in Kela Amba village here, the police said. The accused identified as Jamdaar entered Kamli Bai's house late on Friday night and tried to rape her. Kamli was sleeping with her children when the man entered her house. When she resisted the man's advances, Jamdaar stabbed her in the stomach and neck and fled the spot. Kamli succumbed to her injuries on Saturday night. Efforts are on to nab the accused and a case of murder have been registered against him.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet