Briefly Nation: Baromas at Washington DC film festival
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Baromas at Washington DC film festival
NAGPUR: Baromas, a Hindi feature film based on Sahitya Akademi winning Marathi novel of the same name by Sadanand Deshmukh, has been selected for the Washington DC Independent Film Festival, to be held from March 6 to March 10. It is the only Indian entry in the Feature Films category that will screen films from USA, Switzerland, UK and Canada, a press note by the film's producer P Sajith said. The film is based on the rural distress manifested through the farmer suicides in Vidarbha.
Elephant electrocuted at Corbett
DEHRADUN: A 25-year-old elephant was electrocuted on Friday while an elephant cub was found dead at the Corbett National Park. The female elephant died on coming in contact with a high tension electric wire, Ramnagar Divisonal Forest Officer P S Shrivastav said. Its body has been sent for post-mortem. In another incident, a dead cub was recovered from Corbett National Park, park officials said.
Lawyer stabbed to death in Nashik
NASHIK: A 35-year-old lawyer was stabbed to death allegedly by unidentified persons at her residence in Vishwas Nagar locality here, the police said. The victim, identified as Megha Suresh Jagtap, was alone at home on Thursday night when she was attacked. Police said the woman died on the spot. However, the reason behind the killing is not known yet. So far no arrests have been made.
Out on bail, murder accused ends life
KANPUR: One Anurag (25), out on bail after being charged with murder, allegedly committed suicide on Thursday, police said. He mentioned in his suicide note that he was under stress after being imprisoned.Charged in a murder case two and half years ago, Anurag was granted bail two months back.
Woman, daughter commit suicide
DEHRADUN: A mother-daughter duo allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a speeding train near Mohkampur railway crossing here, police said. The bodies were identified as those of Naseema Khatun (62) and Nazeema (32).
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM