Briefly Nation: Retd teacher gunned down in Bihar
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Retd teacher gunned down in Bihar
MUZAFFARPUR: A retired school teacher along with three members of his family were gunned down by armed criminals here on Tuesday night, the police said. Preliminary inquiry indicates the murders have been motivated by old land dispute, police sources said. The criminals barged into the house of Shiv Shankar Singh and gunned down Singh, his wife, daughter and another woman. No arrests have been made so far.
'Honour killing': Girl strangled in UP
BALRAMPUR: In a suspected case of honour killing, a girl was allegedly strangulated to death by her family members here, a police source said. Nandini (16) and Aman (20) who were in a relationship went missing last Thursday. Later they were traced and handed over to their respective families. While it is being suspected Nandini was strangulated on Monday, Aman was also found hanging from a ceiling fan in his house.
3 booked in Punjab for death of unborn child
PHAGWARA: Three persons of a family have been booked for allegedly causing death of a 'quick' unborn child by thrashing the mother, the police said on Wednesday. The victim complained that she was kicked in the abdomen by her husband and thrashed by her in-laws for dowry on October 15. A 'quick' child is a foetus that moves inside the mother's womb.
Maharashtra sarpanch shot by Naxals
GADCHIROLI: A village sarpanch was shot dead by a group of naxals here on Tuesday night, the police said. Narayan Shankar Sirangi (37) was dragged out of his residence at Tekda Motla village by a gang of unidentified naxals and taken to Somanpalli road, where they shot him dead. Though the cause behind the killing is not known yet, sources said Sirangi was eliminated for his alleged involvement in corrupt practices.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held