Briefly Nation: Teacher moves SHRC against ‘dress code’
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Teacher moves SHRC against 'dress code'
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Suspended for 15 days from a city school in Malappuram district for allegedly refusing to follow the management's diktat to wear a "light green" overcoat, a teacher has approached the State Human Rights Commission for justice. Authorities at Sullamssalam Oriental High school disputed her claim and said it had been the teachers' collective decision.
Fake FB account, says MP BJP chief
BHOPAL: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha Wednesday said that he had a lodged a complaint with the police about a fake Facebook account in his name. Jha has sought investigations to trace the origin of the account and find those involved in it. The account was being updated with photos and other activities related to him, he said.
Qatar releases 22 Indian fishermen
KANYAKUMARI: After spending nearly three weeks in jail, 22
Indian fishermen, arrested off Qatar's coast at Al Ruwais on October 7 for crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line, were released Wednesday, officials said. The fishermen, working at a fishing company in Bahrain, were released after the company paid a requisite fine amount for their release.
One killed, 4 injured in Assam blast
KOKRAJHAR: One person was killed and four were injured when unidentified persons lobbed a hand grenade at a busy place in Assam's Chirang district Wednesday. The miscreants came in a car and hurled the grenade towards a group of people near a wine shop in Basugaon town.
Locals rescue lost fawn in Valley
SRINAGAR: Locals rescued a male fawn attacked by the stray dogs in Batamaloo neighbourhood here and handed it over to to wildlife officials. The fawn had lost its way, officials said. It has been admitted to the Srinagar Veterinary hospital.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations