- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Manipuri author Binodini Devi dies at 89
GUWAHATI: Noted Manipuri author and playwright M K Binodini Devi, also a member of the erstwhile royal family of Manipur, passed away at her residence in Imphal on Monday night. Devi, 89, had been suffering from various ailments for the past few months. Youngest daughter of late Maharaj Sir Churachand Singh and Maharani Dhanamanjuri Ngangbi, she was born at the royal palace in Imphal on February 6, 1922. Author of several books and plays, a film made by Aribam Syam Sharma in 1980 on her story Imagee Ningthem is one of India's most awarded films in the past three decades.
J-K may not let BJP hoist Tricolour
Srinagar: The J-K government is unlikely to allow the BJP to hoist the Tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Republic Day. "The government has decided not to allow the BJP to hoist the Tricolour at Lal Chowk," sources said. "The government doesn't want any deterioration in law and order." The BJP has announced that its youth activists will hoist the Tricolour at Lal Chowk on January 26.
Alagiri meets Karunanidhi
Chennai: Union Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister M K Alagiri called on his father and DMK president, Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, at the latter's residence on Tuesday, leading to yet another round of speculation. This is his first meeting with his father after rumours of his resignation from party posts due to dissent over his stepsister Kanimozhi and scam-tainted former Union Minister A Raja.
Jail officials held for helping Naxals flee
RANCHI: Jailor Mohammed Samsuddin and Wardens Louis Tigga and Kamal Ram of the Chaibasa jail in Jharkhand have been arrested for allegedly facilitating the escape of three CPI (Maoist) commanders from the prison. Raghunath Hembrom, Sandip and Dhirendra Mahato were nabbed three years ago.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow