Briefly Region: DDR against 5 Jalandhar colleges for ‘disrespecting’ I-Day
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Dal Khalsa wishes Pak on I-Day
HOSHIARPUR: Dal Khalsa leaders on Tuesday extended their greetings to Pakistan on the occasion of its 65th Independence Day. Party head H S Dhami urged people to acknowledge the right to self-determination of all struggling people in accordance with international treaties, which all democratic nations were expected to adhere to.
Capt condoles Deshmukh's death
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress president Captain Amarinder Singh condoled the demise of Union Minister and former Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who passed away at a Chennai hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Amarinder said, "His death is a colossal loss to the Congress."
Bhatti to return to SAD today
CHANDIGARH: Two days after he was expelled from the People's Party of Punjab (PPP), former MLA Didar Singh Bhatti is set to join his parent party, Shiromani Akali Dal, on August 15. This comes eight months after he quit the SAD following refusal of ticket to contest Assembly elections from Fatehgarh Sahib. He unsuccessfully contested from the seat on a PPP ticket. Bhatti will join the SAD during a rally in Fatehgarh Sahib.
Open Army recruitment rally soon
CHANDIGARH: An Open Army Recruitment Rally will be held by the Army Recruiting Office, Charkhi Dadri, at Rao Tula Ram Stadium in Rewari, from August 19 to 26 for fill posts of soldier general duty, soldier clerks and storekeepers. Applications from candidates hailing from Mahendergarh, Rewari and Bhiwani have been invited. The Common Entrance Examination in physical test, medical test and document check will be conducted for successful candidates on October 28.
HAFED to hike storage capacity
CHANDIGARH: HAFED is set to lay emphasis on its storage capacity by constructing an additional storage capacity of 10 lakh metric tonnes within the next one-and-a-half year. Krishna Mohan, Additional Chief Secretary (Cooperation Department), also announced the removal of the maximum limit of Rs 4 lakh as patronage rebate given to the societies.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM