- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Cops seize arms in two cases
Chandigarh:The Punjab Railway Police has seized four pistols and ammunition in two separate cases and arrested one person. "The railway police on Wednesday seized two 9 MM pistols and 10 rounds of ammunition from a youth at the Ludhiana railway station. He, however, managed to flee," IG (Railways) Rohit Chaudhary said. In another incident at the Amritsar railway station, one Amardeep Singh was arrested with two 9 MM pistols.
2 held with heroin worth Rs 25 cr
Amritsar:Two people were arrested by the State Special Operation Cell (SSOC), Amritsar, from the Ram Tirath Road on Thursday, and 5-kg heroin worth Rs 25 crore and fake currencies worth Rs 2.25 lakh was recovered from their possession.
Freedom fighters' grievance redressal
Amritsar:The district administration organised a grievance redressal camp for freedom fighters and their relatives on Thursday. Issues pertaining to hike in pension, exemption from toll tax, construction of memorials, employment for successors of freedom fighters, establishment of welfare board, 5 per cent reservation in jobs were raised.
Swiss ambassador stresses bilateral ties
Chandigarh:Dr Linus von Castelmur, Ambassador of Switzerland to India, called on Punjab Assembly Speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal on Thursday, and stressed on the need to improve bilateral relations between India and Switzerland in trade, industry, agriculture and education sectors. Atwal urged Linus to support India for the permanent seat in the Security Council of United Nations.
'Demarcate wards for polls by Jan, 2013'
Chandigarh:Punjab Rural Development and Panchayat Minister Surjit Singh Rakhra issued directions to complete demarcation of ward for the panchayat elections by January 31, 2013, as the polls are scheduled for May 31, 2013. For the first time in Punjab panchayat elections will be held through wards, and every ward would elect its panch, while sarpanchs will be elected through direct polls.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM