- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Rs 50 property tax for 50sq m houses
Jalandhar:Residents with residential houses built on 50 sq metre area would have to pay Rs 50, while for 51 to 100 sq metre houses, people would have to pay Rs150 as property tax, annually, said Local Bodies Department Principal Secretary Suresh Kumar. He added that the residents who had paid house tax need not pay the property tax.
SGPC seeks security for pilgrims to Pak
Amritsar:In the wake of Taliban threat to India triggered by hanging of terrorist Ajmal Kasab, Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, urging him to take up the matter of enhanced security of Sikh pilgrims scheduled to visit Pakistan on Sunday to celebrate the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev in Nankana Sahib.
Mahindru elected district BJP chief
JALANDHAR:Though former district BJP chief Ravi Mahindru was elected BJP president, but a controversy erupted when the nomination of other strong contender for the post Shiv Dyal Chugh was rejected following detection of forged signature of a mandal president, who was the proposers for Chugh.
Dhumal inaugurates Renuka fair
Nahan:Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal inaugurated a week-long state level Renuka fair at Renuka in Sirmaur by offering prayers before the palanquin of presiding deity Lord Parshu Ram on Friday. There were doubts whether Dhumal would be able to attend the function in view of the model code of conduct, but he visited the fair after the state government obtained clearance of the Election Commission of India.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’