- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
2 kids, mother killed in road accident
Chandigarh:A women and her two children died, while their father sustained severe injuries, in a road accident in Rewari on Thursday evening. The police said the incident took place at Dharuhera-Rewari turn near Maheshwar village, when the family was on its way to Rewari from Dharuhera on a motorbike and an unidentified vehicle rammed into the vehicle they were travelling in. A case has been registered against the driver of the unidentified vehicle.
Police seek details of working women
Chandigarh:To ensure safety and security of working women, the Karnal police has initiated a process to prepare a detailed catalogue of all women employees, who work till evening or late night, and commute from their workplace to home after sunset. "We have sought details of institutions, office timings and number of women employees," said Shashank Anand, Superintendent of Police, Karnal.
BJP flays marginal hike in MSP
Chandigarh:The Punjab BJP on Thursday condemned the Centre's government's decision to increase by Rs 65 the minimum support price of wheat for 2013 marketing year saying it was a mockery with the farmers. State party chief Ashwani Sharma said the farm input cost has increased by 20 per cent in the last one year, while the MSP has been increased by only Rs 65 making wheat farming a difficult proposition for the farmers. The party also questioned the silence of Punjab Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh on the issue.
Miscreants attack YAD vice-president
Bholath:Miscreants allegedly attacked Bhupinder Singh, vice-president of Youth Akali Dal's national wing and former minister Bibi Jagir Kaur's son-in-law, near Tandi village on Wednesday night. According to sources, Singh was travelling with his gunman when some motorcycle-borne youth attacked them with sharp-edged weapons. When the gunman opened fire in the air, the youth tried to flee but one of them — Balbir Singh of Baghrian village — was overpowered by Bhupinder and handed over to the police. Bholath DSP Tejbir Singh said raids are being held to arrest the other accused.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations