Briefly state : New parliamentary secys get portfolios
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Kolkata:The government on Monday allotted departments among the 13 newly appointed parliamentary secretaries. Amal Acharya, Biplab Mitra and Rabindranath Ghosh got Fisheries, Law and PWD departments, respectively, while Arup Khan, Sandhyarani Tudu, Shasi Panja were made secretaries of Agriculture Marketing, Backward Class Development and Women and Child Welfare. Asima Patra, Ashis Banerjee and Radhakanta Maiti are secretaries of Micro and Small Scale Industry, Higher Education and Irrigation departments, while Tapas Roy, Ashoke Deb and Nasiruddin Ahmed got Parliamentary Affairs, Minority Affairs and Transport. ATM Abdulla got Panchayat and Rural Development.
Mitra on '93 firing
Kolkata:Transport Minister Madan Mitra on Monday submitted before the Justice (retired) Sushanto Chattopadhyay-led judicial commission, which is probing the firing on Youth Congress supporters on 21 July 1993, claiming that the order to open fire had come from Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who was then information minister.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow