Briefly State: 5-month-old dies of suffocation
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Kolkata: A five-month-old boy died Monday morning in Karaya police station area in south Kolkata. The boy's parents, Sanjay Seikh and Ruma Seikh lived in a small house at 15E Miajan Ostagar Lane. In the morning, when they did not wake up till very late, the neighbours, unable to break the door, broke a part of the wall and found that the child, Sufiyan, had died while the couple was unconscious.
"They had slept with a coal oven burning inside the room which had no window or ventilator. That has probably caused the death. The kid was rushed to Calcutta National Medical College (CNMC) where it was declared brought dead and both Ruma and Sanjay have been admitted to the ICU of CNMC and a private nursing home," said Sita Ram Bhattacharya, OC, Karaya PS. The body of the baby has been sent for a post mortem.
Body of missing Afghan found
Kolkata: The body of a 37-year-old Afghan, who was missing since January 22, was found on Monday inside an abandoned cinema hall. Isha Khan, who used to live at 5A Lenin Sarani, adjacent to Opera Show House, was found in the upper tier inside the theatre. The false ceiling above was found broken and police suspect that he could have fallen from there and died. There were no marks of any external injury on his body but police were looking at all aspects including murder and suicide. "It looks like he had died after falling from the height. The body has been sent to Medical College for post mortem examination and we can only be sure after the report arrives," said S S Biswas, OC, New Market PS. A foul smell emanating from the place led to the discovery of the body. His mobile phone was recovered from the spot. The place where Khan lived was right next to the theatre and the roof was often used as a passage.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow