Briefly State: Fake Samsung phones seized
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police Crime Branch CB control unit raided City Centre Mall in Nagpada on Wednesday and seized 1,000 fake Samsung mobile phones and accessories worth Rs 1 crore. Police also arrested 14 persons selling the goods under IPC sections 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) and 420 (cheating) and sections 51 and 63 of Copyright Act.
BMC to foot water, power bills for crematoriums
MUMBAI: A Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) standing committee meeting announced on Tuesday the corporation would foot water and electricity bills for crematoriums managed by trusts. Additional municipal commissioner Mohan Adtani said BMC had made the offer at the time of handing over management of the crematoriums to the trusts. Nine crematoriums on BMC land are run by trusts. Management of five of these has been handed over.
Ex-gratia for kin of CRPF martyrs
MUMBAI: Kin of CRPF and paramilitary personnel killed carrying out anti-naxal and counter-terror operations with police in Maharashtra would receive Rs 10 lakh ex-gratia from the state government. Central government grants Rs 15 lakh to the families, while the Maharashtra government gives police martyrs Rs 25 lakh. The cabinet decision is to bridge this gap.
MSSC MD post upgraded
MUMBAI: The state cabinet decided on Wednesday to upgrade the post of MD, Maharashtra State Security Corporation (MSSC), to the rank of director general considering its growing scope. MSSC was formed in 2010 to train ex-servicemen to provide security to private individuals and institutes and reduce the burden on police. The decision has retrospective effect from August 23, when former Mumbai CP Arup Patnaik was transferred to the post.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow