- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Five more die of encephalitis
Gorakhpur:Five more children died due to encephalitis, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern UP to 292 this year, health officials said on Friday. Health officials said the five died at BRD Medical College Hospital here on Thursday. The victims hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria, Siddharthanagar, Kushinagar and Mahrajganj, they said. Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said a total of 1,820 encephalitis patients were admitted to hospitals in the region this year, of which 292 died.
Two killed as tractor overturns
Firozabad:A woman and her grand daughter were killed when the tractor in which they were travelling overturned in Usyani locality in Tundla area here, police said on Friday. Rampyari (55) and her grand daughter Megha (10) were killed on the spot in the incident that occurred on Thursday. The tractor's driver and two others were injured in the mishap and were immediately rushed to a hospital, where their condition was stated to be stable.
Three killed in cracker factory explosion
Hamirpur:Three women were killed in an explosion at an illegal cracker-manufacturing unit in Teehar village in Biwanr area here, police said on Friday. Two middle-aged women and a girl were killed in the incident on Thursday after being trapped in the debris of the unit which collapsed due to the explosion. Police is probing the matter.
Two killed in road accident
Barabanki:Two persons, including an elderly lady, were killed and as many were injured when a car was hit by a truck in Ramsanehi Ghat area here, police said on Friday. The incident took place Thursday night on the Faizabad national highway killing Kala Pandey (70) and Manish (35) on the spot, they said. The driver and one other injured were rushed to the hospital, where their condition was stated to be stable.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM