- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Youth held in 7-yr-old boy's murder case
Lucknow:Police on Sunday arrested a youth who had allegedly kidnapped a 7-year-old boy living in his neighbourhood from outside a Lucknow school and later killed him in Mirzapur district with the help of his two friends, one of whom had been arrested earlier. Police had recovered the body of Ashish from Mirzapur on September 29 on the information provided by Mukesh Kumar Kol, who was arrested on September 28.
BJP Ganga yatra to enter UP tomorrow
Lucknow:The BJP Ganga Samagra Yatra led by former Madhya Pradesh CM Uma Bharti will enter the state on Tuesday. BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai will welcome the yatra in Ballia district. The yatra is entering UP after travelling through Jharkhand and Bihar. "It is a non-political yatra being taken out to urge the Centre to take measures to maintain the sacredness and natural course of Ganga," BJP general secretary Vindhyawasini Kumar said on Sunday. The yatra will conclude in Gangotri on October 28.
Two missing boys found dead
Lucknow:Muzaffarnagar police on Sunday found bodies of two minor boys who had been missing since Saturday. The bodies of Shakib (12) and Amir Khan (13) were found in a field in Purchappar town. Police said Shakib died due to injuries by a sharp-edged weapon while Amir was strangulated to death. The bodies were sent for post mortem examination. One man was detained for questioning.
Apna Dal for holiday in Sardar Patel honour
Lucknow:Apna Dal will organise a dharna in front of Vidhan Sabha on October 31, demanding a holiday on the birth anniversary of first deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The decision was taken in the National Executive Committee meeting of the party in Lucknow on Sunday. "He was one of the founding fathers of this country. He has been denied this respect for over 64 years," said party chief Krishna Patel.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held