- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Arbitration fee: Notices to IAS officer
Chandigarh:The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday issued notices to IAS officer Sucha Ram Ladhar on a PIL demanding action against him for collecting Rs 1.50 crore as fee in arbitration cases. It also issued notices to the Centre, Chief Secretary, Punjab and NHAI.
New policy for marriage palaces
Chandigarh:Punjab has drafted a new policy for existing marriage palaces in the state. Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal said the new policy mandates marriage palaces to meet fire safety norms.
Kidnapped Moga boy found in Jalandhar
Ludhiana:A day after he was kidnapped from Moga, 12-year-old Sukhdev Muni was found in a hotel in Jalandhar on Tuesday. The police handed over the boy to his parents. Primary investigations revealed that kidnapping was a fallout of personal enmity.
Punjab mulls building code for urban areas
Chandigarh:Punjab will soon introduce a uniform building code to ensure planned growth for its urban areas. Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal also said the government is looking into the suggestion of introducing incremental floor area ratio for individual residential plots to help ensuring planned grown of real estate sector in the state.
Bluestar: Capt hits back at majithia
Amritsar:A day after Punjab Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia dared him to clear his stand on 1984 army action at Golden Temple, PPCC chief Capt Amarinder Singh said, "Let Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal pose a query to me on the issue and then I will answer. But, he (Badal) does not speak and rather asks likes of (Daljit Singh) Cheema, Harcharan Bains and Majithia to issue statements."
Diarrhoea claims one in Moga, 40 taken ill
Ludhiana:One person died on Tuesday, while another 40 have fallen sick after diarrhoea spread in the New Grain Market area of Moga. The administration, however, said the cause of the outbreak will only be known only after the victim, Vinod Kumar's post mortem report is received.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet