Priyanka wants party workers to make Rae Bareli roadmap
Lucknow:On the last day of her two-day visit to Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi on Friday met around 3,000 block-level Congress workers and asked them to prepare a roadmap for development of the district. She said each of the seven Assembly constituencies of Rae Bareli will have a Congress party office which will serve as the meeting point of senior party leaders of the area.
Principal-robbing case: One arrested
Lucknow:Police on Friday claimed to have arrested one of the two persons who had allegedly robbed Rs 6.28 lakh from Badri Prasad Verma, principal of Barabanki-based Eram Inter-College in Ghazipur on Monday. Police arrested Romi Kanjar, a resident of Barabanki district. He was currently residing at his wife's home in Varanasi district, from near polytechnic roundabout in Ghazipur area. Lucknow SSP RK Chaturvedi said the police had recovered Rs 5.80 lakh, two bearer cheques, a gun licence from Romi. Another accused, Surendra Karval, is still absconding.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow