- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Cops suspended after undertrial escapes
Lucknow:Two constables were suspended after an undertrial fled from their custody while being taken to a local court in Rampur district, police said on Sunday. Constables Jawar Singh and Rajesh Kumar were accompanying undertrial Gurjit, who fled from their custody while being taken to the court on Saturday. The constables were prima facie found guilty of dereliction of duty and suspended. The police has launched a manhunt to nab the undertrial against whom a case is pending at Bilaspur police station under section 411 IPC (Dishonestly receiving stolen property) besides other cases.
Train rams tempo, two dead
Lucknow:Two persons were killed and one was injured on Sunday in a collision between a tempo and a truck at an unmanned level crossing in Pratapgarh district. The accident happened at Gyaspur in Kunda area killing the two middle-aged men and injuring a person, police said. The injured was admitted to a hospital where he was in a stable condition, they said.
Heroin worth Rs 30 lakh seized, 3 held
Lucknow:Heroin valued at Rs 30 lakh in the international market was seized in Kushinagar district and three persons were arrested in this connection, police said on Sunday. The heroin weighed 300 gm, they said adding the seizure and arrests were made on Saturday in Khadda area in the district.
Two youths killed in road accident
Ghazipur:Two youths were killed in Mohammadabad area here when their bike was hit by a vehicle, police said on Sunday. Shamshad Ahmad (24) and Sanjay Chowdhury (25) were killed on the spot in the incident that took place Saturday evening, they said. An FIR has been registered and investigations are on, police said, adding that no arrests have been made so far.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held