- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
NRHM scam: HC summons CBI DIG
Lucknow:The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Friday summoned the CBI DIG and investigating officer (IO) in NRHM scam case on December 11, along with the case diaries.
The court issued the direction while hearing a petition which alleged that O P Parida, IO in the Lucknow NRHM scam case, was facing a departmental inquiry on corruption charges.
Ex-MLA expelled from Congress
Lucknow:Former MLA Brijendra Kumar Vyas alias Dam Dam Maharaj was on Friday expelled from the Congress for six years, following anti-party activities, by the party's disciplinary committee chairman Ramkrishan Dwivedi. Vyas had been indulging in anti-party activities for quite some time and there were newspaper reports in this regard every other day, Congress spokesperson Dwijendra Tripathi said.
Bar Council to weed out 'tainted' lawyers
Allahabad:The Allahabad High Court on Friday issued notice to the Bar Council of India seeking its views on how to weed out advocates who have a tainted background and were often involved in disturbing the working environment on the court campus. The next date of hearing is December 3 .
Youth's 'mystery' death in Dubai
Lucknow:Kushi Nagar native Ajeet Madeshia, who had gone to Dubai for work, died on November 17. But his family has received conflicting reports, one saying that he died in an accident and the other that he committed suicide. The family is now waiting for the body, which is expected to arrive on Monday, so that another post-mortem could be done to clear doubts.
11-yr-old boy hangs self for being scolded
Lucknow:The body of an 11-year-old boy was found hanging with a scarf inside his house in Lucknow's Wazirganj area on Thursday night. Police claimed that the boy committed suicide by hanging himself for being scolded by his mother for chewing pan masala. The deceased, Abish Rizvi, was a student of class 2 at Bal Shiksha Niketan.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'