- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
9 cops suspended for misbehaving with woman
Etawah:The Special Operation Group of Etawah Police was on Friday suspended for allegedly misbehaving with a woman. Sources said the woman was a relative of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav. The SOG team, led by in-charge Rohit Tewari, was checking vehicles in the afternoon when they stopped a luxury car, police said. According to Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh D Modak, they "misbehaved" with the woman and her co-passengers. After the woman complained, an inquiry was conducted by a senior official, which found the charges correct and the entire team including Tewari and eight constables have been placed under suspension, the SSP said.
NRHM: Chargesheet filed against Kushwaha
Ghaziabad:The CBI on Friday filed a chargesheet in a special CBI court against former minister Babu Singh Kushwaha, senior IAS officer Pradeep Shukla and four others in a case of alleged financial bungling in National Rural Health Mission in the state. The chargesheet pertains to upgrading of 40 district hospitals. Former MLA R P Jaiswal, a former MD and a general manger of state-owned UPPCL are also among the accused. The court has fixed December 29 as the next date of hearing.
Youth shot dead in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad:A 26-year-old youth was shot dead by two motorcycle-borne assailants in the Loni area, police said Friday. Arshad Ahmed, a resident of Buddhnagar colony, was shot from a close range near the Loni tiraha Thursday night, they said, adding, efforts were being made to arrest the assailants.
3 held for duping many in Delhi, Mumbai
New Delhi:Three persons have been arrested for allegedly duping hundreds of investors of over Rs 50 crore in Delhi and Mumbai on the pretext of providing them call centre franchise, police said Friday.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'