- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Lakhowal unhappy over 'no fund grant from PM'
Ludhiana:The chairman of Punjab Mandi Board and president of Bhartiya Kisan Union, Ajmer Singh Lakhowal, on Monday expressed his resentment over Prime Minister Manmohan Singh "not providing Punjab and PAU with any funds for crop diversification and university research programmes." He, however, refrained from commenting on the FDI in retail issue by stating that "the matter is closed, there is nothing left for me to say" but hinted that "FDI will be beneficial for the state but only if foreign players are kept under strict control by the government."
CM's Bholath visit: Khaira to sit on dharna
Jalandhar:Former Congress MLA Sukhpal Singh Khaira will sit on a dharna outside the SDM office in Bholath on Tuesday to protest against the Chief Minister PS Badal's decision to attend a public rally being organised by convicted former minister Bibi Jagir Kaur on Tuesday. Khaira said that by sharing the dais with Bibi, the chief minister will be encouraging youth to take the path of crime. He also urged the CM to cancel the public rally.
Dal Khalsa: UN should intervene in India
Amritsar:Activists of Dal Khalsa and Sikh Youth of Punjab on Monday said international covenants are not being followed in letter and spirit and urged the United Nations for pro-active intervention in India.
'E-gov helped weed out fake DL cases'
Chandigarh:Transport Secretary Mandeep Singh on MOnday said that the e-governance project in the department helped to weed out cases of fake driving licences issued by other state government and renewed in Punjab. According to him, earlier there sued to 10 to 15 per cent of such cases. He said Kenya is keen to adopt the Punjab model of e-governance.
Nawanshahr gets e-panchayats
Nawanshahr:Records in around 365 panchayats in Nawanshahr have been computerised under the "e-panchayat project". The computerisation process in the remaining 93 panchayats of the district will also be completed shortly. Additional Deputy Commissioner Amarjit Paul said the entire data about the villages, including history, development works, grants released for different development have been digitised.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held