Briefly World: Fifth suspect nabbed in Daniel Pearl murder case
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Fifth suspect nabbed in Daniel Pearl murder case
KARACHI: Pakistan police has arrested a fifth accused in the murder in Wall Street Journal journalist Daniel Pearl who was abducted and killed in 2002. Syed Hashim was arrested in Karachi a few months back but was produced before an anti-terrorism court for the first time on Sunday. Hashim was presented before ATC Judge Muhammad Javed Alam at the Central Jail Hyderabad because of security reasons, police officials said.
Journalist shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: A reporter of a TV news channel was shot and killed by unidentified gunmen in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Sunday, police said. Rehmatullah Abid, a reporter for Dunya News, was sitting at a barber's shop in Washbood area of Panjgur district when two gunmen riding a motorcycle fired at him. Abid succumbed to his injuries while being taken to hospital.
Six injured as police choppers collide in US
Altadena: Two police helicopters collided over a helipad, leaving five police officers and a civilian with minor injuries, officials said. The collision occurred when the rotator blades of a helicopter that was landing and one that was taking off touched, Lt Phlunte Riddle said. The injured were taken to hospitals for evaluation after the 4 pm collision in Altadena on Saturday. The weather was drizzly and cloudy at the time of the accident.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held