Briefly World: Iran detains more journalists over links with BBC
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Iran detains more journalists over links with BBC
TEHRAN: Iran's official news agency reported that authorities arrested another group of local journalists accused of links with the BBC. The report by IRNA quotes a statement by the Intelligence Ministry. It did not say how many were detained.
France: Four held over extremist links
PARIS: French authorities detained four people Tuesday in a counter-terrorism operation targeting those suspected of trying to join Islamist extremists in Mali.
N Korea video shows US city under attack
Seoul: North Korea, poised to conduct a nuclear test any day now, posted a video on YouTube depicting a US city resembling New York engulfed in flames after an apparent missile attack. The footage was uploaded by official website Uriminzokkiri.
Chinese toddler killed in 'confrontation'
BEIJING: A Chinese toddler died after being run over by a van belonging to family planning officials engaged in a confrontation with his parents, the Xinhua news agency said on Tuesday, in a case that is likely to provoke public outrage. Eleven officials in Mayu were threatening to detain the 13-month-old boy's mother if she did not pay a fine for bearing an unauthorized third child.
Afghan troop report angers Lankan media
Colombo: President Mahinda Rajapaksa Tuesday said he had rejected a US request to send Sri Lankan troops to Afghanistan but retracted his remarks soon, triggering angry responses on the social media about the government's credibility.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet