Briefly World: Lanka lawyers boycott courts
Lanka lawyers boycott courts
COLOMBO: Sri Lankan lawyers boycotted courts Wednesday in protest against unfair impeachment moves against Chief Justice Shirani Bandaranayake. "Lawyers are staging a protest as the chief justice didn't get an impartial, just and fair trial," said Wijedasa Rajapaksa, president of the lawyers' Bar Association.
Pope tweets his first, a million follow
VATICAN CITY: Pope Benedict XVI hit the 1 million Twitter follower mark Wednesday as he sent his first tweet from his new account @Pontifex . "Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter. Thank you for your generous response. I bless all of you from my heart," his tweet read.
Can clone captured CIA drone, says Iran
TEHRAN: Iran is now capable of manufacturing its own copies of an advanced CIA spy drone captured last year, Iranian lawmaker Avaz Heidarpour said Wednesday. "Experts examined and analysed the RQ-170. All files and boards of the drone were copied and used to improve Irans' unmanned aircraft," he said.
Blast in Pak kills 2, injures 10
Karachi: Two persons were killed and 10 injured in a blast near a hotel in Karachi Wednesday, police said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow