Briefly World:Chávez faces new complications after surgery
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
Chávez faces new complications after surgery
CARACAS: President Hugo Chávez of Venezuela is facing "new complications" arising from a respiratory infection following cancer surgery in Cuba, Vice President Nicolás Maduro said in a televised statement on Sunday night. "President Chávez's condition continues to be delicate, presenting complications that are being treated, in a process not without risks," Maduro said.
Iran test-fires missiles near Strait of Hormuz
Tehran: Iran's navy said it test-fired a range of weapons during ongoing manoeuvers near the Strait of Hormuz, the passageway for one-fifth of the world's oil supply. Monday's report by the IRNA news agency quotes exercise spokesman Adm Amir Rastgari as saying the Iranian-made air defense system Raad was among weapons tested.
'90 pc of Syria conflict victims killed in 2012'
Beirut: Nearly 90 per cent of those who have died in Syria's 21-month conflict were killed in 2012, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Monday. Over 39,362 people were killed in the conflict in 2012.
Bombs kill 23, wound 76 across Iraq
baghdad: Explosions killed at least 23 people and wounded 76 across Iraq on Monday, police said, underlining sectarian and ethnic divisions. No group claimed responsibility.
Nepal: Severe cold wave claims 12 lives
Kathmandu: A prevailing severe cold wave sweeping through the southern Nepal's Tarai region has claimed lives of twelve people in a single district of Siraha, including that of a child. Among the dead include a 8-year-old minor, six elderly women and five elderly men.
Eight militants killed by troops in Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistani troops killed eight militants during an operation in Khyber Agency while bodies of nine Taliban fighters were found dumped in another part of the tribal belt, officials said Monday.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held