BSE Sensex gains over 200 points, HDFC Bank shares up 3%
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
The BSE Sensex is up 1.1 percent, while the 50-share NSE Nifty gains 1.12 percent, heading for a fourth consecutive day of gains. Goldman Sachs says a RBI rate cut on March 19 or firmer industrial output data due next week may give confidence that the growth cycle is turning.
HDFC Bank shares gain 1.6 percent while mortgage lender HDFC shares rise 2.8 percent.
State-run energy companies gain after the Indian government sought parliament's approval to spend an additional 247.74 billion rupees on oil subsidies in the current fiscal year that ends in March.
Oil and Natural Gas Corp gains 1.5 percent, Oil India shares rise 2.2 percent while Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd is up 3.8 percent.
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd shares fall 1 percent after a company executive said the company would suspend production of petrol cars at one of its plants on Saturday, as the country's top carmaker looks to cut inventory amid slowing sales.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'