BSP, Cong slam SP govt for giving political colour to Assembly celebrations
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
"The manner in which politicians of opposition parties, including Congress, were ignored for the ceremony only indicates that it has merely become a political programme of SP rather than that of the Vidhan Sabha," said party spokesperson Dwijendra Tripathi. "The contribution of Congress leaders in the establishment of the Vidhan Sabha and in the cultivation of its values cannot be ignored," he said.
"It's an attempt to falsify the contribution made by the Congress in the Independence," he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet