BSP MLA's son teen gangrape case; victim turns hostile in court
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
In a twist to the gangrape case involving a sitting BSP MLA's son and two other youths, the 17-year-old victim turned hostile in a court here.
Police said the rape victim was produced in a ACJM court on Monday for her statement, after a medical examination. The girl turned hostile and denied that any such incident had taken place.
The FIR, based on the complaint of the victim, was lodged against Naeem, son of BSP MLA Maulana Jameel Ahmad, Nauman, brother-in-law of the MLA and an unidentified person.
According to the FIR, the girl was recently abducted by the trio from Basaira village and was taken to a nearby jungle where they gangraped her.
Police had registered a case against the trio under Sections 376 (rape), 363 (kidnapping) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held