Budget session from March 8
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Kolkata:The budget session of West Bengal Legislative Assembly will begin from March 8, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Partha Chatterjee said here on Thursday. "Notification in this regard has already been issued after it received approval from Governor M K Narayanan," Chatterjee said.
Landmines recovered from Jhargram
Jhargram:The Joint Forces on Thursday recovered two landmines from Nayagram area of West Midnapore district. The forces were conducting searches in the area when they recovered the landmines from Tapovan jungle, Superintendent of Police of Jhargram Bharati Ghosh said. Police suspect that the landmines were kept by the Maoists for carrying out subversive activity. Both the landmines were later defused by the bomb disposal squad, Ghosh added.
2 killed, 5 injured in tanker-van collision
Purulia:Two persons were killed and five others injured when a pick-up van collided with an oil tanker in Purulia district this afternoon. The pick-up van collided head-on with the tanker in front of Purulia Sainik School.
Muslims protest against Bangla govt
Kolkata:Muslim organisations held a demonstration to protest "anti-Islamic activities" in Bangladesh. Their initial plan to gherao Bangladesh High Commission was scrapped apprehending violence. Police had taken several measures to prevent any untoward incident.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet