- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The recent reshuffle in the UT Administration led to an upheaval in the departments. So much so that a senior official who was handling Education was also given Transport. Laughingly, he said that earlier he used to interact with principals of schools, and now he also has to interact with bus conductors.
The Senior Golf tourney for senior citizens saw more than 75 golfers from the tricity taking part in the tourney at Chandigarh Golf Club. With the Golf Premier League happening in Amby Valley, Maharashtra and players like Gaganjeet Bhullar being picked up in the auction by the Punjab team, the senior golfers were seen having a laugh over teams showing an interest in them next year. "Who knows if we do well here, the teams can pick up," quipped a senior golfer. Now that's called confidence.
People are adopting innovative measures to keep a check on rising incidents of theft in Panchkula. Not only have the residents' welfare associations of the city enhanced private security in the colonies with guards regularly patrolling in Panchkula, but some of the families are even hiring the services of private security companies to stay safe. Residents have subscribed to the services of private security service companies and in case a family is out and the CCTV captures any movement at the house the private company gets alerted and within minutes the personnel arrive to find out if anything was wrong. Even professionals like doctors have hired the services of private companies and are guarding their clinics with sensors and CCTVs.
Heritage versus safety?
One of the Punjab and Haryana High Court judges said to the UT Administration that when its officials are only interested in preserving the heritage of the city and have no time to ensure the safety of the school children, its chief architecture should start designing the heritage bus. The judge further said that the chief architect can take the idea of the heritage bus from a museum.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet