Bullet in dead minorís throat belies parentsí claim of playtime injury
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A 13-year-old boy succumbed to head injuries under mysterious circumstances in Rohtak on Thursday. The teenager identified as Prateek, a resident of Sainipura Colony in Rohtak, was admitted to Rohtak's Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences. His parents alleged that someone had hit Prateek on his head while playing.
However, doctors stated that the postmortem examination revealed that Prateek was shot in the head and the bullet was found stuck in his throat.
The incident took place on Wednesday night when Prateek was playing with his friends near his house. One of his friends informed his parents that somebody hit Prateek and he had collapsed. Following this, he was taken to the hospital, where he died.
Police were informed about the incident by the hospital authorities. Since the police suspected foul play, a postmortem of the body was conducted.
According to the police, while Prateek was playing outside his house, he was asked by his parents to go to a grocery shop, but he never returned.
"Somebody informed them that he had collapsed near a shop. Nobody claimed to have heard any gunshot. People thought that he had suffered a severe injury because of the fall as his head hit the ground. He died during treatment," said Ved Singh, Rohtak district police spokesperson.
The postmortem revealed that a bullet had hit Prateek's head and then traveled to his throat, where it had got stuck.
Based on the postmortem report, the Rohtak police registered a case against unidentified persons on charges of murder. Special teams have been constituted to probe the death.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow