Bullet misfired from pistol kills youth
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
NHAI manager held for accepting bribe
The Anti-Corruption Bureau of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI- ACB) on Monday arrested the manager of National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 22,000 from a developer. The suspect has been identified as Shankar Pawar, manager (Technical), NHAI. According to the ACB, the suspect demanded a bribe of Rs 25,000 from the developer for issuing No Objection Certificate for three plots near National Highway in Satara district. After negotiations, the suspect agreed to settle for Rs. 22,000. However, the developer filed a complaint with the ACB. The ACB laid a trap and caught the suspect red-handed while accepting the money. The suspect will be produced before the special judge on Tuesday.
Teenager arrested for raping 4-yr-old girl
The Chinchwad police have arrested a teenager for allegedly raping a four-year-old girl on the first floor of an under-construction building of a municipal corporation school on Sunday. Police have identified the suspect as Bhura Purushottam Adivasi (19), a resident of Padwal Ali in Chinchwad, and native of Madhya Pradesh. The victim's father lodged a complaint at the Chinchwad police station. Police said Adivasi is a construction worker and is known to the victim's family. He works at the same construction site where the crime took place, they said. As the girl raised an alarm, residents rushed to the spot to her help. People beat him up and handed over to the police, said police. Assistant police inspector S R Surve is investigating the case.
Yerwada jail inmate dies at Sassoon Hospital
A Yerwada jail inmate, who was an accused in a murder case, died at Sassoon Hospital on Sunday. Police have identified the deceased as Ajit alias Ajay Atmaram Tawade (38) of Mohanwadi in Yerwada. Police said on Sunday Tawade complained of blood pressure problem. After a check-up at Yerwada jail, he was sent to Sassoon Hospital where he died. It is suspected that he died of a heart attack. Police, however, said the cause of the death can only be ascertained after post-mortem. Meanwhile, it came to light that Tawade was in Yerwada jail since August 27, 2012. He was arrested in a murder case by Paud police.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held