‘Bunty chor’ remanded in judicial custody
Burglar Devinder Singh alias 'Bunty chor', who was brought here after his arrest in Pune, was on Tuesday remanded to judicial custody till February 12 by a magistrate court. Devinder had allegedly committed a hi-tech burglary at an NRI's house here last week. He contended that he had been roughed up by police during the grilling session here. However, his contention was found to be wrong during the medical test he underwent.
Devinder was brought here from Mumbai by flight by a team of Kerala police who had rushed to Pune immediately on knowing about his arrest from a hotel in that city. Delhi-based Devinder was arrested from the hotel after a receptionist there recognised him from the CC camera images released by Kerala police shortly after the burglary.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow