Bush family emails, photos hacked
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A criminal investigation is under way after a hacker apparently accessed private photos and emails sent between members of the Bush family, including both ex-presidents.
The Houston Chronicle reports that a spokesman for former President George H W Bush declined to comment on a report on The Smoking Gun website detailing the alleged security breach.
Bush spokesman Jim McGrath told the Chronicle the matter is "under criminal investigation". McGrath did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment by Associated Press early Friday.
The Smoking Gun said the hacker went by the online moniker "Guccifer", a word plastered across the leaked photos in translucent, neon blue print. The website quotes "Guccifer" as describing himself as a veteran hacker who has long been in government sight.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow