Business Confidential: Heavyweights missing at meet
HEAVYWEIGHTS MISSING AT MEET
Pre-Budget meetings of CEOs with the finance minister seem to be losing sheen. The meetings were high profile, glamourous events with the Who's Who of India Inc to present their wishlist to the finance minister for the Budget. But this year, it was largely led by industry chamber heads, including Adi Godrej (president, CII) and Naina Lal Kidwai (president, Ficci). While Ratan Tata's absence was sorely missed, those waiting for a first look at Tata heir Cyrus Mistry were also left disappointed.
INACTIVE WEBSITES SUSTAINABLE?
NHAI chairman may have termed building roads at 20 km a day as unsustainable. But is there an excuse for not updating the authority's website for 18 days ? A message on the NHAI's homepage, till Friday evening, informed the visitors that the website was last updated on December 31, 2012.
NO CLUB CLASS AT MAHARAJA'S COST
Call it an impact of civil aviation minister Ajit Singh's diktat on Air India's turnaround, the requests for upgrades that the civil aviation ministry and Air India officials get have decreased but those for confirmations of their tickets have increased. The minister has reportedly issued a directive against upgrades to anyone.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow