Business Confidential: WINDOW DRESSING ACCOUNTS?
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
WINDOW DRESSING ACCOUNTS?
Petroleum ministry officials were curtly informed by the revenue department that it will audit the cost recovery mechanism for the sector to figure out whether public sector oil companies were layering their costs to earn higher loss recovery numbers.
But petroleum ministry officials were surprised when they found the same data used by them to calculate the losses will also be used by the finance ministry.Obviously, what is being checked is not the accuracy of the data but arithmetic ability of the two sets of officials.
DECKS CLEARED FOR NEW IRDA HEAD
Decks have been cleared for former LIC chief TS Vijayan to be appointed as the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) chairman. The Central Vigilance Commission is understood to have cleared Vijayan's name for the post. Sources said that the proposal is now pending with the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. The term of current Irda chairman J Hari Narayan ends on February 21.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held