- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
IT sounds good in FY 2013
The NASSCOM analysis of Indian IT sector's outlook for FY 2013 says that amidst a volatile and challenging global economic environment, India's IT industry has sustained its growth trajectory. For financial year 2013, the industry is expected to meet the lower-end of its growth guidance and achieve at least a double-digit growth. The estimate is based on analysis of Indian listed companies, multinationals and industry sectors of IT services, BPOs and engineering research and development (ER&D) and products. N Chandrasekaran, Chairman, NASSCOM and CEO& MD, TCS, said, "Industry performance for the past half year has demonstrated the sector's ability to innovate and deliver in enabling growth of customer businesses in challenging times. Changing business models, solutions around disruptive technologies and verticalized structures are enabling the industry to emerge as a strategic partner for their customers".
Swipe launches Halo 3G, Halo Edge
Swipe Telecom launched Halo 3G tab and Halo Edge technology under its voice calling tablet smartphone series "the Halo". The Halo 3G and Halo Edge tablets are designed to keep up with the fast changes in technology. Halo 3G is priced at Rs 9,999 and Halo Edge comes at Rs 8,999. The Halo 3G tablet, india`s first 7-inch smartphone tablet and the Halo Edge Tablet that supports 'Edge Technology' both run on the Android 4.0 icecream sandwich operating system and has 1 GB DDRIII RAM. They both come with a Boxchip A10 processor 1.5 GHz for efficient functioning.
Robots at Universal's Shivre plant
Pune-based Universal Construction Machinery and Equipment Ltd has inaugurated "universal robotic world" at its Shivre plant near Pune.The Robotic division will be used for fabrication and the company has installed four robots from Japanese company Motoman at the plant. The Robotic division was inaugurated by V B Gadgil, chief executive and managing director, L&T metro rail (Hyderabad ) limited, Dr D K Abhyankar Director General of Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India (CREDAI), Bapusaheb Pujari founder chairman Sangli Urban Cooperative Bank, Universal Group Chairman Rohidas More, Vice-Chairman Ranjit More, Managing Director KK Taparia , Directors Abhijeet More and Satish Gandhe.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet