Businessmanís son kidnapped
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A six-month-old son of a businessman was kidnapped by two armed youths from his house in Nauchandi police station area of Meerut district on Monday.
The police are probing if the businessman had enmity with anyone, said Meerut Range DIG Zaki Ahmed. Meerut Additional SP (City) Om Prakash said the incident took place in the afternoon when two youths riding a motorcycle reached Jahid's house at Ram Bagh locality. They held the watchman at gunpoint and entered the house, from where they took away the child, locking the house from outside.
The police are questioning the domestic helps and employees at Jahid's two medicine shops.
Crowd prevents police from arresting wanted youth
A Haryana police party, which had gone to Kunda Kala village in Saharanpur to arrest a youth, Faiz alias Babaji Maharaj, wanted in a fraud case, had to retreat faced with a hostile crowd on Sunday. The villagers surrounded the police team, abused and threatened them. Local police rushed to the spot and dispersed the crowd. Later, an FIR against nine villagers was lodged on various charges, including deterring a public servant from discharging his duty. When the Haryana police team, led by SI Sube Singh, reached the village, the locals blocked their way to the house where Faiz was hiding and threatened them. In the meantime, Faiz managed to escape.
2 killed, one injured in road mishap
Two labourers were killed and one was injured in Madiaon police station area on Monday as the vehicle they were riding broke down. Police said the incident took place in Saraswatipuram locality on IIM road around 3.30 pm when a wheel of the pick-up truck three labourers were travelling in broke free. The victims were Vijaypal (50) and Sanjay (20), residents of Lucknow, while Jogendra, a resident of Banda, was injured.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'