Businessmen pledge support to Grewal for Mayor post
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
As the term of the previous House of the Municipal Corporation is about to expire on September 6, lobbying for the post of Mayor has once again started, though the powers to choose Mayor have been given to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.
Pal Singh Grewal, Jagbir Singh Sokhi and many others are eyeing this post.
At a meeting of Ludhiana Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association and Machine Tool Cluster Ludhiana, all the members unanimously decided to support Grewal as next Mayor. Asserting that he was well-versed with the problems of Ludhiana since he had been associated with the masses for a long time, they said they would appeal to the higher authorities to give him a chance to serve the people of Ludhiana.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet