B'wood celebrities make their presence felt at Lakme Fashion Week
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Bollywood celebrities made their presence felt on day one of the Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort as they were found either on the ramp or cheering for their friends.
Malaika Arora Khan, Amrita Rao, Dia Mirza and Prateik were among those who walked the ramp for designers Vikram Phadnis, Khushali Kumar and Masaba Gupta.
Those seen in the front row cheering for their designer friends were Karisma Kapoor, Arbaaz Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Neha Dhupia, Sonu Nigam, Farhan Akhtar, Sajid Khan, Milan Luthria, Ameesha Patel, Bhushan Kumar and Sangeeta Bijlani.
It started with Prateik walking the ramp for designer Masaba in a black and white bundhgala and Patiala salwar.
"Every time I walk the ramp I am nervous," Prateik said.
Her collection included maxi dresses, saris, patiala salwars, cropped tops, tunics, waist coats, louses and jackets that were ideal summer wear. While, men's wear had jackets, long shirt with contrast collar and cuffs teamed with wide salwars, traditional Indian dhoti a modern twist by moulding them into pants.
Then it was Dia Mirza who walked the ramp for Gulshan Kumar's daughter Khushali Kumar, who showcased her debut collection.
Khushali showcased a fairy tale collection titled Angels and Princess. "The theme of the show is just amazing. Her (Khushali) outfit makes you stand out in a crowd as it has the potential to make all women look gorgeous," Dia, who wore a backless skin color blingy gown said.
"For this show I tried to make a fairy tale, creating a special character -- Dia Mirza. She was perfect for the show as she has a pretty face," Khushali said.
Dressed in their traditional best, sisters Malaika and Amrita walked the ramp for Vikram Phadnis.
Malaika was wearing a black colour velvet full sleeve blouse teamed up with embroidered ghagra, while Amrita wore a off-white colour traditional outfit.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow