Cabinet clears proposal to recruit 1.5 lakh new constables in four years
As many as 1.5 lakh new constables will be recruited by the state government in coming four years. Another 40,000 constables will be promoted to head constables by the government.
In a state cabinet meeting which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday, gave consent to the proposal to recruit the new constables.
For the recruitment process the cabinet gave its nod to amendment in the UP Civil Police Constable and Head Constable service manual-2008. As per the amendment there will be fresh recruitment of 1.5 lakh constables over a period of four years with an average of 40,000 recruitments every year.
As per the amended recruitment process, 100 marks will be given for physical eligibility test and 300 marks for written examination. The passing marks will be 35 per cent. The recruitment process will be under a committee at every district which will include ADM rank officer, DSP and District Inspector of Schools. It will be ensured that these committee officers include representation with one each from minority, OBC and SC category.
The UP Civil Police Constable and Head Constable Service Manual-2008 has also been amended for the promotion of constables to head constables. As many as 40,000 promotions have to be done. Of this, 75 per cent of the total vacancy will be filled through seniority basis while remaining 25 per cent will be filled through written test.
Those who are desirous of appearing in test should have minimum seven years of service with a maximum age of 40 years. Those who will be recruited on the basis of seniority should have a clean record and those having any sort of departmental punishment during past three years of their service are not eligible.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow