Cabinet to decide Rly bonus tomorrow
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The annual bonus for Railway employees will be discussed in the Cabinet meeting on Thursday. Sources said the proposal pegs the quantum of the total bonus at around Rs 10,000 crore for its 12.3 lakh employees. The Railways has proposed a 78-day productivity-linked bonus, similar to what Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee had granted during her tenure as the Railway Minister in 2010-11, which is the highest so far.
Around one lakh employees out of its total pool of a little less than 14 lakh are not eligible for the PLB, sources said. The railway unions have, however, sought an 80-day bonus.
Railway Unions have written to Minister C P Joshi, saying that this year the bonus should be more than what was given last year.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM