Cable digitisation: Force will not be accepted, says Firhad
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
KOLKATA: Trading charges that Multi Service Operators (MSOs) were forced to agree with the December 27 cable digitisation deadline, the state government on Monday warned the Centre, saying that attempts to implement the order by applying force will not be taken lightly. State Urban Development Minister Firad Hakim on Monday alleged that the central government was "acting like a goonda" regarding the issue.
One killed in Entally apartment fire
Kolkata: An early morning fire in an apartment in Entally area of central Kolkata claimed one life on Monday. A resident, Naushad Alam was charred to death in his first-floor room, Fire Department officials said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow